Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Basic First Aid
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff who require the knowledge and skills of basic first aid.
The course includes CPR and choking. All delegates are expected to participate in the practical aspects of the course.
Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
· Identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
· Describe how to minimise the risk of infection to self and others.
· Identify the need for establishing consent to provide first aid.
· Complete an accident report form.
· Identify the first aid equipment that should be available in a workplace.
· Describe the safe use of first aid equipment.
· Conduct a scene survey.
· Conduct a primary survey of a casualty.
· Give examples of when to call for help.
Management of an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
· Assess a casualtys level of consciousness.
· Open a casualtys airway and check breathing. (12.1)
· Explain why it is important to place an unconscious casualty into the recovery position.
· Place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position.
· Manage a casualty who is in seizure.
Management of an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
· Recognise the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation. (12.1)
· Demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation using a manikin. (12.1)
Management of the choking casualty
· Describe how to identify a casualty with a
o Partially blocked airway
o Completely blocked airway
o Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking. (12.1)
Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock.
· Recognise shock.
· Administer first aid to a casualty who is in shock. (12.1)
Identification and appropriate first aid treatment for emergencies
· Recognise signs and symptoms of the following conditions:
o Heart Attack
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first to write a review.