Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Fire Safety
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees.
Introduction - The importance of Fire Safety
· List duties of themselves and their employer under the Regulatory Reform Order 2005
· Identify various fire prevention measures and explain who to implement them in the workplace.
· Explain the role of the fire marshal and why their role is important
Policies and Procedures
· Explain the organisations fire prevention policy and procedures that are in place
· Name the person that they should report fire risks to.
· Demonstrate the fire procedure and know how to respond in an emergency.
· Explain the importance of risk assessments.
· Explain the three elements of the fire triangle
· Explain how to prevent fires from starting or spreading. (13.7a)
· Identify sources of fuel
· Identify sources of ignition
· Identify sources of oxygen
· List the organisational fire prevention
· Identify the various fire extinguishers and what types of fire they can be used for.
· Explain the uses of various pieces of fire equipment such as fire blankets, fire sledges, and fire grab packs, emergency lighting, foil blankets etc.
· Describe what to do in the event of a fire (13.7b)
· Use of Fire Extinguisher
· Use of Fire Blanket
· Use of Fire Evacuation Kit
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.