RQF - Food Safety Level 3 (2 day course)
2 Day Course Per Person, Photo ID Required
Course Title: Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (VTQ)
Course length – 2 days
Up to 12 delegates
These learning outcomes are mapped to meet a Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering (VTQ) criterion. Each learning outcome presents a knowledge, skill, or assessment to help students understand the curriculum in finer detail.
Learning Outcome and Assessment Criteria
Understand the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- Summarise the importance of food safety management procedures.
- Explain the responsibilities of employers and employees in respect of food safety legislation and procedures for compliance.
- Outline how the legislation is enforced.
Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
- Explain the importance of, and methods for, temperature control.
- Explain procedures to control contamination and cross-contamination.
- Justify the importance of high standards of personal hygiene.
- Explain procedures for cleaning, disinfection, and waste disposal
- Outline requirements relating to the design of food premises and equipment.
- Describe the importance of, and methods for, pest control.
Understand how to implement food safety management procedures
- Describe the importance of food safety of microbial, chemical, physical, and allergenic hazards.
- Describe methods and procedures for controlling food safety to include critical control points, critical limits, and corrective actions.
Understand the role of the supervisor in staff training.
- Explain the requirements for induction and on-going training of staff.
- Explain the importance of effective communication of food safety procedures.