Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Level 2
Understanding and Responding to Abuse and Neglect of Vulnerable Adults
Safeguarding Adults is delivered over one three hour session. The course aims are to promote awareness of what constitutes abuse and neglect, promote understanding of the different types of abuse and neglect, promote understanding of what makes individuals vulnerable, promote understanding of what disclosure and whistleblowing are, and detail legislation relevant to Safeguarding of Adults. By the end of this session, candidates will be able to identify types of abuse, identify when abuse has happened/is happening, understand how to report and record issues that may be witnessed or disclosed, and understand how to help prevent abuse and neglect.
- To understand what is abuse and neglect
- To be able to identify the types of abuse and neglect
- To know who is at risk
- To understand what makes individuals vulnerable
- To understand the laws and regulations
- To understand who commits abuse
- To be aware of indicators of the different types of abuse
- Reporting abuse and whistle blowing
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.