Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Health and Safety Awareness
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees.
Introduction - Health and Safety and Legislation
· Identify legislation relating to general health and safety in a health and social work setting. (13.1a)
· Describe the main points of the health and safety policies and procedures agreed with the employer. (13.b)
· Outline the main health and safety responsibilities of:
o The employer or manager
o Others in the work setting (13.1c)
· List tasks relating to health and safety that should not be carried out without special training. (13.1d)
· Explain how to access additional support and information relating to health and safety. (13.1e)
· Describe different types of accidents and sudden illness that may occur in their own work setting. (13.1f)
· Explain why it is important to assess the health and safety risks posed by particular work setting, situations or activities. (13.2a)
· Describe how and when to report health and safety risks that they have identified. (13.2b)
Move and Assist Safely
· Identify key pieces of legislation that relate to moving and assisting. (13.3a)
· List tasks relating to moving and assisting that they are not allowed to carry out until they are competent. (13.3b)
Accidents and Incidents
· List the different types of accidents and sudden illness that may occur in the course of their work. (13.4a)
· Describe the procedures to be followed if an accident or sudden illness should occur. (13.4b)
· List the emergency first aid actions they are and are not allowed to carry out. (13.4c)
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.