Learning Aims and Outcomes
Course Title: Oral Health Care
Course length – 3 hours
Maximum number to attend - 15
This course is aimed at all staff in health and social care.
At the end of the training session, there is a short written assessment to evidence the learning of the attendees
Introduction - What is Oral Health
· Understand the anatomy of mouth
· Discuss the reasons for oral health
· Understand gum disease and how to prevent it
Oral Health Risk Assessment
· Look at Risk Assessment Tools
· Discuss oral health care plans
· Understand the importace of recording daily oral care
· Discuss good tooth brushing techniques
· Discuss routine denture care
· Understand tooth decay and how to prevent it
· Identify when to refer for specialist advice
Do you bring equipment?
We bring all required equipment with us
How long do certificates last
Please See the Individual courses, on how long certificates last
Do your trainers come to us?
Our Trainers can provide training at your venue. Or you can come to our fully equipped training rooms.